gfxgfx
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
gfx gfx
gfxgfx
Today is another day in the lives of the herd...
gfx gfx
gfx
7822 Posts in 1331 Topics by 63 Members - Latest Member: Admin November 21, 2018, 06:47:03 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: .Hack//G.U.  (Read 8267 times)
Stir-Fry[b33f]
b33f
I'm a Postin FoOl

« on: November 23, 2007, 12:09:51 AM »

Let's start off by saying that before this game, there were 4 other titles which were all linked. .Hack//Infection, .Hack//Mutation, .Hack//Outbreak and .Hack//Quarantine. All four of them were decent games and quite enjoyable, story was a little confusing and the areas were repetitive, let's cut that short and focus on the new games.

I now Present you, ".Hack//G.U." 3 part series, with a new combat system, new characters and new abilities, new everything, if you get what I mean. If you've played the old games, you'll understand this one, if not, read it up on Wikipedia.

.hack//G.U. Vol. 1: Rebirth:

In future years (Forgot when 2020 I think or something), there's a new online game called "The World" it's a mmorpg game which PKing is allowed, you can talk to everyone and the areas are almost unlimited. In this game, you play Haseo, he's new to the game (You see the creation of his sprite), he logs onto "The World" and some people decide to help you. You go into an area with them and you defeat monsters, you reach your goal and you open the treasure chest, BAM right when you say thanks for the help, you see a sword inches from your neck. Eventually you get pked, but right when you faint, an ally arrives and PKs the PKers that PKed you. A few months later, you become ownage, you level up sooo bad and you hat ePKers so bad that your nickname is "The Terror of Death", you also call yourself a PKK a.k.a "Player killer killer" You find a group of PKers threatening a player and you take action kicking butt like there's no tomorrow... Bla bla bla, and BAM something else  happens, your close friend, Shino gets PKed and falls into a coma, so you go search for the culprit, BAM he pops out of an orb, PKs you SOO bad you delevel back to lvl 1. You find out that his name is TriEdge. So that's the story of part 1, the quest to find TriEdge.

*EDIT*
Forgot to mention 1 thing, whoever TriEdge PKs, they fall into a coma....

I'm not going to tell you part 2 and 3, cause there are spoilers. The .Hack series were the first RPG games I've ever played on the PS2. I was playing on my PS2 one day and I saw .Hack Mutation... So I popped it in and didn't like it at first cause I died, I gave it another try a few later and I fell in love with it. Not the best of RPG games, but it does rank up as a series that marked the PS2. For the Infection, Mutation, Outbreak and Quarantine series, I give them an average of 7.8/10. For the G.U. series (Rebirth, Reminisce and Redemption) I give it a 8.8/10.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 07:46:02 AM by ShOw » Logged

Stewing[b33f]
Administrator
I have no life. So I post here

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 07:10:44 AM »

Sounds confusing :s

Stir-Fry[b33f]
b33f
I'm a Postin FoOl

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 02:41:07 PM »

It is, it's basically a complicated anime. There's a CGI movie that's being made right now, so might as well watch it. lol

gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx